Creative Media, Design, Photography and other related things.

Personalie

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Subject for This Semester.


Hello my dear readers! See you again in my blog. For the new entry, I want to write about my subjects that I am taking for this semester. As you know, I am currently in part 3, diploma in banking students. I am taking seven subjects include co-curriculum for this semester. Overall, the total unit for all subjects are 18.0. The list of subjects that I am taking is Arabic Language 1 (BAB 101), Macroeconomics (ECO 211), Fundamentals of Finance (FIN 262), Introduction to Statistics (QMT 216), Fundamentals of Islamic Economics (CTU 241), English for Academic Purposes (BEL 311), and Taekwondo 1 (HSM 113).

Firstly, I will explain about Arabic Language 1. The code for this subject is BAB 101 and the credit hours are 2.0. My lecturer’s name is Ustaz Muhammad Rozman Abdullah. He is so kind person. He always likes to make joke. The assessments are 10% for quiz, 20% for listening, 10% for reading, 10% for speaking, 20% for written test and 30% for projects. The type of projects is video projects. We should make a recording about drama but the title is free. In Arabic class, I think I can release tension because ustaz’s joke can make me laugh. It is so funny. Furthermore the lesson is not too heavy than the other subjects.

Secondly, the subject that I am taking is Macroeconomics and the code is ECO 211. There are 3.0 credit hours for this subject. Puan Zarina Denan is teaching us for this subject. She is also love to make jokes. She has motherhood’s characters. So that she is very caring about her students. This subject has 40% of continuous assessment that includes 20% for 1st test and 2nd test, 10% for quizzes and 10% for individual’s assignments. The other 60% is for final exam. I like to learn this subject because I have basics of economics lesson. I have learnt economic subjects almost 2 years in form 4 and form 5 at my secondary school.

Thirdly, Fundamentals of Finance is the one of my subjects for this semester. The code is FIN 262 and the credit hours are 4.0. My lecturer’s name is Puan Wan Asma Hanim Wan Mustafa. She is soft person but she will be angry for those students that can not complete their work. Luckily, just sometimes she will check student’s homework. For the assessment, it will include 15% for 1st test, 15% for 2nd test, 5% for participation, 5% for assignments and other 60% more for final examination. I am also like to learn this subject because I love calculation more than the read session of reading. In this subjects we will learn about financial analysis, working capital management, mathematics of finance, capital budgeting and others.

Next, I am taking Introduction to Statistics subjects. This is also known as QMT 216. The credit hours are 3.0. Puan Ruhana Zainuddin is my lecturer for this subject. She is a strict lecturer but she has a good experience for being a lecturer. Now, she is an associate professor in faculty of computer science and mathematics in UiTM Johor. Before she starts her class, she will give a ‘tazkirah’ for their students. This is because she wants to remind us to build a good attitude among students. Furthermore, this is a good way for students to motivate herself and being a good God’s vicegerent on earth. The evaluation for this subjects are 10% for 1st test, 10% for 2nd test, 10% for project group, 10% for assignments and quizzes, and another 60% for final examination.

Besides that, I have taken Fundamentals of Islamic Economics also known as CTU 241. There are 2.0 credit hours for this Islamic subject. This subject is teaching by Ustaz Kamarulzaman Sulaiman. He is a diligent person. Because of that he has a lot of post to hold in her life other than as a lecturer in this university. Furthermore, he has more experience for being a good lecture. He has been teaches at UiTM Segamat for a long years.

Other than that, I am taking English for Academic Purposes subject. That is BEL 311. There are 3.0 credit hours. Sir Izuan Ismail is my lecturer for this subject. He is very kind and helpful person. He is always teaching us about writing skills for term paper. He had taught us about differences between spoken and written language. Furthermore, he assists us to be a perfect writer. He gives us weekly assignments in blog to improve our writing skills. On-going assessment for BEL 311 are 60% which include of 30% for written assignment, 20% for speaking test, and 10% for attendance. Other 40% are for final examination. I had fun for learning this subject.

Lastly, for co-curriculum activities, I have chosen Taekwondo which is taught by Sir Johari Rejab. This subject was taken only 1.0 credit hour. He is very soft-spoken person and has a fatherhood characteristic. From this activity, we can learn about basics defence skills to protect ourselves from strangers. For example we have learned about front kick and double hand knife. Furthermore this lesson can build up more confident when we face any problems.


In a nutshell, I hope I can success for this semester with guidance by lecturers, parents, and friends. Okay, bye-bye.

1 cakap-cakap:

Cahaya said...

Salam..nk tanya, taekwondo latihan dy setiap hari ape? Senang nk skor x? Tq

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails